Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catch Up






Things are going so well for our family. We feel so blessed. I trained for the San Antonio marathon and got to participate with my dad. We both did very well. My dad had an awesome first half marathon and I finished the full with a time of 320 and qualified for Boston. The race is full for April so we will have to see what next year has in store for us. We enjoyed a wonderful holiday season. Christmas with Ava this year was so much fun. She was full of excitement and her imagination was going wild. Every gift she opened she would say "It's my very own." It was too cute. We have a tradition to go see a movie on Christmas day so we went and saw Yogi Bear. Do not recommend that movie to anyone. Ava has started taking mothers day out two days a week and just loves it. She is extremely found of her two good friends Jayden and Timoree. It is really nice to say "Ava if you don't mind then you won't be able to go to school." Ava is so very special! She is always talking and singing. She really loves to color and draw. She loves playing with other kids. Hoping we can give her a sibling one of these days. On that note, Justin and I have some new and exciting things going on right now. Have been feeling God leading us towards fostering. We are in the process to foster to adopt. We feel like we could provide a loving home for a child, whether it be permanent or temporary. Please keep us in your prayers as I am sure there will be some difficult times ahead, but we trust God with the plans of our lives and are certain he knows what is best. We are also going to try and get pregnant pretty soon. We have seen another Dr. here locally and have decided to try some new treatment options. I will try to stimulate ovulation by injections and then if all goes well with that we will proceed with insemination. We are optimistic about our chances. But we have learned to trust in God and have peace about whatever outcome we get. We are praying the outcome is a single healthy baby in 9 months. Hope you don't see us on one of those reality shows. We could call it Multiple Merrill's. I feel like the devil has and is trying to cause me suffering, but he can bring it on. I will only cling to Jesus more when I am suffering and through it I have developed a strong relationship and trust in my Father. Not to mention appreciation for my easy going husband and a love for my daughter that overwhelms me. I hope all of my friends and family are doing well. Thankful we can be close to Justin's family. They are such a blessing in our lives. I miss all my family all around this country but makes the time we spend so precious. It is nice to have all this great technology and facebook. Princess Ava at Halloween

Ava's Christmas program for her school.

1 comment:

Sarah Steen said...

LOVE YOU GUYS! Praying for you every day!

video