Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day


We enjoyed a visit from my parents this weekend. They have recently moved to San Antonio from St. Louis. We are glad they are closer. We have been trying to get Ava to call my mom grammie. Well Ava has decided to call her Keke. Where do they come up with this stuff? Ava loved having them here as did Justin and I. It is always nice to have some help from the grandparents. They got Ava a pool as part of her up coming bday present. Yes, the countdown is on my little baby will turn 2 in 10 days. She loved swimming. Makes you remember when it did not matter how cold the water was. I love to watch her laugh and be happy and silly. She gets so excited about things. Everything is an adventure and her imagination is running wild. My heart is overflowing with love for this little girl. I love how she is so sweet. When she walked in the door today she ran up to me and screamed "MOMMY." She gave me a huge hug and would not let go. I am trying to absorb all of this that I can cause I know one day she will want nothing to do with me. If I could I would have several more. I feel like I am still a kid at heart and love kids sooo much. One of the best parts of my week is watching Ava with my niece and nephew on Thurdays. Our family has been bleesed with some special children. We can't wait till my sister in law and her family get their adopted daughter Sydney. God is GREAT!

2 comments:

The Vinyards said...

Love the new picture of Ava--that is awesome! Sounds like you guys had a great time with your parents. We can't wait to get Sydney either. Come on China give us the approval!!

Unknown said...

Your little Ava will always love you! She may wander to look for her independence one day, but she will always come back.

Cara still gives me huge hugs and kisses when I see her and she's almost 19.

You are cherishing every moment and a wonderful mom.

video